In October 2015, the Section 21 rules changed - do you have all the facts?
New legislation affecting the Section 21 rules means that as of October 1st 2015 it is almost impossible to evict problem tenants or gain necessary possession if you haven’t followed the new guidelines.
So if you’ve heard that there might be new regulations coming in, but you’re not sure what it means for you, we’ve put together a free downloadable guide to the essentials that you need to know now. The new regulations will:
- Reinforce legislation on provision of EPCs to new tenants
- Increase the burden of proof on landlords regarding provision of Gas Safety certificates
- Introduce requirements to make new tenants aware of their rights and best practices
- Introduce standardised government issue forms for the service of a Section 21 notice
- Make it harder to evict tenants who have reported a maintenance issue
- Affect all new tenancies from October 1st 2015
With these additions to the already dizzying array of regulations covering landlord responsibilities, it’s no wonder that many private landlords are choosing The Better Letter to provide expert advice and property management services.
So don’t fall foul of the new legislation.
Download our guide now and become a Better Letter.
Want more from The Better Letter?
Landlords >> for top tips, industry news and property information to help you manage your existing buy to let(s) and build your portfolio follow our Better Letter LinkedIn Company Page
Tenants >> Like our Facebook Page to be informed of new rentals, tenants news and views plus help with any tenancy queries.
Partner Opportunity >> If you are interested in becoming a Better Letter then head over to our website's Partner Opportunity page which will give you all the information you need.